My hand-drawn illustrations can commemorate a wedding day or memorialize a childhood home. They can bring a favorite poem to life or help you to never forget that special look in the eyes of your constant companion...
For a special anniversary or retirement gift, consider an illustrated timeline, highlighting memorable events, people, and places in a person's life.
Charming line drawings and watercolor washes capture the spirit of a place like no photo can. As I work on a painting of someone’s home, I’m drawn into it and begin to feel connected to the spirit of that place. I think about the lives that have been lived there and the memories that have been made. It becomes very personal for me, and that connection adds life to my paintings.
By including those little details that make a place, an object, or an event uniquely your own, my paintings tell a story and create a lasting memory.
Here are just a few of the many possibilities for custom paintings:
• your current home or childhood home
• a lake cottage or beach house
• a favorite vacation spot
• your favorite pet
• your hometown
• a memory collage painting of:
• an anniversary timeline
• a tribute to a much-loved pastor or teacher
• a place of business
• your garden
• an illustrated poem or quote
• a favorite family recipe
• your car, boat or airplane
• a still-life grouping of treasured heirlooms
• book illustrations
All watercolor paintings are done on 140 lb. 100% rag watercolor paper, double matted with acid free mat board, backed with foam core, enclosed in an acetate envelope, and ready to frame.
Prints of your custom painting may be purchased as gifts.
GALLERYTo see samples of commissioned paintings, go to my Custom Artwork gallery.
POPULAR SIZES8” x 10” painting with 2” mat
9” x 12’ painting with 3” mat
11” x 14” painting with 3” mat
12” x 18’ painting with 3” mat
(Other sizes also available.)
PRICESPrices for custom artwork start at $300.00 and vary according to size and complexity.
HOW TO ORDER CUSTOM ARTWORK:1. Decide on your subject matter, and begin to gather reference materials for me to work from.
2. Email me at email@example.com to let me know you would like a custom illustration. I will respond with a price list and information about taking great photos that will guarantee a wonderful painting.
3. Choose the size painting you would like. Email reference photos to me.
4. I will send you an invoice for the 50% deposit. Once the deposit is paid and I have received photos, I can begin work on your painting.
5. Allow 6-8 weeks for completion. If you have a specific deadline, for a birthday, holiday, etc., let me know. I’ll do my best, but can’t guarantee a specific delivery date.
6. When your painting is complete, I can email you a photo, or you can choose to be surprised and wait until the painting arrives in the mail to see it. Most of my customers like the thrill of opening their package and seeing their artwork for the first time in person.
7. I email you the final invoice for the remaining balance due.
8. When payment is received, your matted painting will be mailed. If you have ordered prints of your painting, they will be included in the same package. All shipments are insured and include a tracking number.
PAYMENT METHODSA 50% deposit is due upon commission for all custom artwork, with the balance plus shipping due upon completion. Acceptable forms of payment include personal check or Paypal.
GIFT CERTIFICATESIf you’re short on time or want to allow someone to choose their own subject matter, purchase a gift certificate. Just email me for details.
COPYRIGHT INFOCopyright and reproduction rights on custom artwork are reserved by the artist. Images may be used on blogs for purposes of commentary and news reporting.